Our purchase agreement will be prepared by Emery-n-Denise's Golden Puppies (the Breeders/Sellers), and will be signed by both parties at the time when we meet you for the delivery of your puppy. If you are having your puppy shipped to you, the agreement will be sent to you so that it can be signed and returned. Prior to this please scroll down to read the Buyer's Responsibilities, the Seller's Guarantee, and the Supplemental Terms & Conditions before placing your deposit:
One Year Conditional Guarantee
BUYER must have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of delivery. If there is a health concern, the BUYER must notify SELLER immediately by phone or text message. Please note that minor symptoms such as runny nose or diarrhea may be brought on by stress and change of food and/or water. It will take up to two weeks for the puppy to adjust to these changes. If symptoms of these types continue after two weeks and the BUYER wishes to pursue a remedy covered by the SELLER's Guarantee, the BUYER must have the puppy re-examined by a second licensed veterinarian from a different veterinary clinic. This must be done to confirm the cause of the puppy's illness (see SELLER's Guarantee below).
BUYER agrees to avoid exposing the puppy to other people's pets or public "doggie areas" until the puppy has acquired an immunity to dog diseases and infections by following the recommended series of vaccinations from your veterinarian. The BUYER shall be aware of the increased risk of infection and exposure to parasites at dog kennels and highly used "doggie areas" and shall take necessary precautions such as the use of kennel cough vaccines before exposing the puppy to higher risk environments, and the use of de-worming treatments after exposing the puppy to higher risk environments as recommended by a licensed veterinarian.
BUYER must provide responsible care and personal or professional training of your puppy. This may require a lot of time and effort for the first year of the puppy's life. It also requires your commitment to insure the safety, health, and welfare of your puppy.
BUYER must have either a fenced yard or play area for the puppy, or agree to take the puppy outside on a leash at regular daily intervals according to your puppy's needs.
BUYER must provide the puppy with a high quality dog food and fresh water supply on a daily basis. It is highly recommended for the BUYER to avoid feeding your puppy "human" table food or over feeding your puppy. An over-weight dog may cause or accelerate the chances of hip dysplasia and/or other joint related problems.
BUYER must provide the puppy with routine health care, such as, but not limited to:
- Regular physical exams by a licensed veterinarian; and
- Follow veterinary guidelines for vaccinations, heartworm treatments, and de-worming schedules
The puppy must be examined by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of delivery to validate this guarantee, otherwise the guarantee shall not be valid.
The puppy is guaranteed for one (1) year from puppy's birth date against congenital defects only that result in permanent life-altering, life-threatening, or fatal consequences to the puppy. This is limited to the following conditions: severe hip dysplasia, and life-threatening or debilitating conditions of the kidney, heart, pancreas, spine, or liver If two (2) independent, licensed veterinarians diagnose the puppy with a congenital defect as listed above, and the BUYER provides oral notification to the SELLER within 24 hours of diagnosis by phone or text message, and written evidence from both veterinarians within 72 hours of diagnosis by postal or internet mail, the SELLER shall refund the purchase price and original shipping costs to the BUYER upon satisfactory return of the puppy. At the BUYER's discretion, the SELLER may provide a replacement puppy of equal value (if one is available) to the BUYER in lieu of a refund. The replacement puppy shall be mutually agreed upon by both parties, and may or may not be from the same parents of the original puppy. If the original puppy is returned pursuant to this remedy, BUYER shall return the puppy in satisfactory condition (in the same condition as delivered) at the BUYER's expense. All paperwork, including registration papers and this form must be returned with the puppy. The SELLER's total liability under this remedy shall be limited to the purchase price of the puppy plus the original shipping costs.
If the puppy dies due to a congenital defect within one (1) year from puppy's birth date and the BUYER decides to pursue a remedy covered by this guarantee, the BUYER shall at their own expense have an autopsy performed by two (2) independent, licensed veterinarians to determine the cause of death. If the cause of death is determined to be due to a congenital defect as listed above, and the BUYER provides oral notification to the SELLER within 24 hours of death by phone or text message, and written evidence from both veterinarians within 72 hours of diagnosis by postal or internet mail, the SELLER shall either: (1) refund the purchase price and original shipping costs to the BUYER, or (2) at the BUYER's discretion, provide a replacement puppy of equal value to the BUYER (if one is available). The replacement puppy shall be mutually agreed upon by both parties, and may or may not be from the same parents of the original puppy. The SELLER's total liability under this remedy shall be limited to the purchase price of the puppy plus the original shipping costs.
In all cases pursuant to a remedy covered by this guarantee, the BUYER must notify the SELLER orally by phone or text message within 24 hours of puppy's confirmed defect, and in writing by postal or internet mail within 72 hours of confirmed cause of defect with evidence from two (2) independent, licensed veterinarians
The SELLER's Guarantee does not cover the following conditions: hypoglycemia, umbilical hernia, coccidiosis, giardia, ear mites, internal/external parasites, viral or bacterial infections, allergies, thyroid dysfunction, demodectic mange, and/or other autoimmune disorders. The puppy's ability to breed is not guaranteed and its AKC registration eligibility shall be"LIMITED" unless otherwise negotiated with the SELLER in writing.
This guarantee applies to the original puppy and original BUYER only. It is not transferable to a third party (someone else whom you decide to give or sell the puppy to, at a later date). The SELLER shall not be responsible for any expenses incurred by the BUYER that arise from any type of disease, illness, or defect found in the puppy. This includes but is not limited to: veterinary treatments, diagnosis, surgeries, medications, necessary kenneling, overnight care, or postmortem handling/services.
Supplemental Terms & Conditions:
- The BUYER promises not to keep the puppy in a crate or cage for more than 3 to 4 hours at a time except during nighttime hours. In a family where both adults work and the children attend school probably means that the puppy will be spending long periods of time during the day in a crate or closed-in quarters. This could have adverse affects on the the puppy's health and well being.
- The SELLER promises to register the microchip number affixed to page 1 of this agreement (shown beneath the barcode) on-line at AKC Reunite within 30 days after having delivered the puppy to the BUYER. Thereafter, the BUYER has the ultimate responsibility of updating the ownership records and contact information.
- The BUYER promises to not allow the puppy to jump off of house furniture such as beds, sofas, or chairs, up or down steps and stairways, off porches, or any surface that is higher than the length of the puppy's legs until the puppy is over 18 months old. The puppy should be carried up and down stairs until at least 6 months old. Failure to do this can result in damage to the skeletal frame and joints of the puppy prior to being fully developed or able to endure such activity.
- The BUYER promises to not take the puppy on long, exhaustive walks that are more than five minutes long continuous, (without a 30 minute rest minimum between walks) before the age of 6 months old, and not more than ten minutes long continuous, before the age of 18 months old. Failure to do this can result in damage to the skeletal frame and joints of the puppy prior to being fully developed or able to endure such activity.
- The BUYER promises to not allow the puppy to be around aggressive dogs that could inflict wounds or injuries to the puppy. This includes but is not limited to the following breeds which are widely known to be aggressive and potentially hurtful: Pit Bull, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Alaskan Malamute, Huskies, Doberman Pinscher, Chow Chow, Bullmastiff, Boxer, Bull Terrier, Jack Russell Terrior, Bulldog, Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Basenji, Shar-Pei, or any other breed of dog that has been observed to attack other dogs or humans at any time. Please, keep in mind that some dogs may be very friendly to humans and other mature adult dogs, but may act aggressively towards a young and immature puppy that has not fully learned social etiquette with other adult dogs. Here are three websites that provide additional information on aggressive dog breeds: I Love Dogs, Aggressive Dog Breeds,Top 20 Most Aggressive Small Dog Breeds.
- The BUYER agrees to de-worm or have the puppy de-wormed on a regular basis as recommended by a licensed Veterinarian, and also given preventative treatments for heartworms on a monthly basis throughout the life of the dog. Failure to do so can result in intestinal or other internal parasites that can affect the health of, or even cause the death of your puppy.
- The BUYER agrees to inspect or have the puppy inspected on a regular basis for external parasites, and agrees to treat or have the puppy treated for exposure to fleas, ticks, mites or other external parasites that are found on the puppy or known to exist in any indoor or outdoor areas where the puppy is allowed to play or take potty breaks.
- The BUYER agrees to minimize the puppy's exposure to all other dogs and cats during the puppy's first four months of age until all booster vaccine shots have been completed. In addition, the BUYER promises during the first four months of age to minimize or avoid the puppy's exposure to pet groomers, doggie parks, kennels,other pet friendly environments frequented by other dogs and cats, and all other animals while at Veterinary clinics. All dogs and cats are carriers of various viruses or other dangerous organisms even though their own immune system protects them from becoming infected with a disease. Your puppy needs and depends on you to protect it from these viruses and life threatening organisms for the first four months of its life while its system is developing its own immunities.
- The BUYER agrees to make all members of the family and others outside the family (such as pet kenneling services or anyone who takes care of the puppy) aware of these Terms and Conditions so that the health of the puppy will be maintained while its body, muscles, internal organs, skeletal frame, and immune system are still developing.
- The SELLER has the right to delay the delivery date of the puppy by up to two weeks in rare circumstances when recommended by the Veterinarian after the puppy's first visit to the Vet clinic. This is infrequent but sometimes necessary to administer follow-up treatments recommended by the Veterinarian.
- The SELLER has the right to cancel the sale of any puppy at any time prior to the delivery date if the SELLER feels it is in the best interest of the puppy's health and well being. In the rare event that a sale is canceled by the SELLER, 100% of all monies paid by the BUYER shall be refunded.
- Prior to delivery, the SELLER reserves the right to include the puppy in: (1) public showings of the puppy, (2) various promotions, and (3) advertising the puppy for the purpose of promoting Emery-n-Denise's Golden PuppiesTM, and for promoting other entities and events who have been granted our permission for advertisement. The SELLER's rights to the puppy for public showings will terminate after the puppy is delivered to the BUYER. However, any of the puppy's photos and videos that are taken prior to delivery of the puppy may be used indefinitely by Emery-n-Denise's Golden PuppiesTM and other entities who have been granted our permission for the purpose of (but not limited to): (1) advertisement on the Golden PuppiesTM website and various social media, and for, (2) various advertisements or promotions of other business entities, events, products, or media.
- If the BUYER cancels their puppy purchase within 48-hours of its scheduled delivery date, all monies paid towards the puppy purchase and shipping costs will be FORFEITED. If canceled more than 48-hours prior to delivery and more than 72 hours after the BUYER picks a specific puppy, the refund will be fifty-percent of the puppy's purchase price plus one-hundred percent of airline shipping costs when applicable. If the BUYER cancels less than 72 hours after picking a specific puppy, the refund will be 100% of all monies paid, as long as the puppy is not being shipped by airlines within 48 hours from the cancellation. In such a case, the airline shipping cost will not be refunded. All cancellation requests must be made by talking to us live over the phone and confirmed to us by text message or email.
- If within a 1 year period from puppy's date of birth, the BUYER receives confirmation from licensed veterinary professionals that the puppy has a debilitating, or life-threatening, congenital defect as described on page 2 of the Purchase Agreement and desires to pursue a remedy covered by the one-year health guarantee, then the following limitations apply: (1) the guaranteed refund shall be limited to the original purchase price, sales tax (if applicable), and delivery fee paid by the BUYER; (2) all other expenses incurred by the BUYER such as but not limited to those from veterinary treatments, diagnosis, surgeries, medications, necessary kenneling, overnight care, or postmortem handling/services shall be the sole responsibility of the BUYER; (3) the SELLER shall not be liable for any expenses incurred by the BUYER as a result of a defective puppy.
- If the BUYER determines for any reason that they are no longer able or no longer have the desire to properly care for and take responsibility for the puppy after it is delivered, the SELLER will accept the puppy's return on the condition that the BUYER is willing to deliver the puppy back to the SELLER at the BUYER's expense. NO REFUND of any monies paid for the puppy purchase or its shipping cost will be given for a returned puppy, except in the case of a congenital defect.
Thinking About Owning A Puppy?
Emery-n-Denise are reputable breeders who only breed purebred Golden Retriever puppies with AKC pedigrees. So, maybe you have looked at the available puppies, perhaps you have spoke with us by phone or email, and now you are ready to buy one of our Golden Puppies. If you are ready to make a puppy purchase, please be sure that you have read our Purchase Agreement on this page. Then, use one of our PayPal links to place your deposit on the puppy litter you are interested in, or send your deposit to us by mail (call us first to confirm the availability of the puppy you are interested in). Until we receive your deposit and it has cleared, we cannot reserve a puppy for you (using PayPal eliminates the delays of the postal mail and bank deposit processes). Deposits are non-refundable 72 hours after choosing your specific puppy from photos or visiting our facility and picking your puppy in person.
Click HERE to view the feedback we've received from our previous buyers.
Click HERE to view a list of things you get when you buy your puppy from us.